Pages

Life Series: #2 Amilo



Amilo.

Amilo was a creative GENIOUS.

Well at least that was a fact the Amilo failed to realise.
To him. Amilo was:
"Amilo the starving artist"

When Amilo constructed his art, he was free like the Animals in Africa, he was utterly consumed in a colourful world that belonged to him.
He was self adorning and full of hope, he was strong, bold and brave.
Not a thing could stop him when he was in his zone.

A gust of wind opened up without being known and swept him to his feet, he found himself running towards a room.
A white room.
Surrounding him.
He tried to touch the walls to see if  it was real. Am i dreaming? Amilo said to himself.

To the right of him was a palete of paint.
The colours were that of depth
Opaque in colour
Shimmering
Think
Rich
Mystical
He tried to grab the colour to paint his white walls...but the colour disappeared, evaporated in to thin air.

Amilo was awoken by his girlfriend.

Amilo! Your going to be late!

You see,

What Amilo had experienced was a dream. He had many dreams, these dreams however were not the type of dreams he anticipated.

Amilo...You can be anything you want, but you chose to be an artist his girlfriend said.
I will support you no matter what you go through.

I love your creative genius and I have seen you produce emotion jerking work.

I'm coming with you to this Art convention today

Amilo was taken aback. Seriously?

Yes Amilo of course! I called in sick to work she giggled

Amilo was suddenly filled with worry and angst

What if they don't like my work?

No, they MUST like it. I like it and I'm going to stay positive!

.....Oh my god if I'm not shortlisted I will be devastated ive out my soul into this...

Maybe I should quit now and just work on it a little more

 *  *  *  *

At the convention Amilo saw and met many artists, he was exstatic because he had never been a part of an exchange of words with like-minded people before and it was refreshing!

He all of a sudden felt understood .
He spoke ART and so did they.
He exchanged number with his new artsy friends and they promised to keep in touch.

Amilo was feeling more positive than ever because of all the support his new found friends were giving him.

When they announced the shortlist...... Amilo wasn't called.


*2 weeks later*

To say Amilo was devastated was an understatement.

He fell into a black abyss, just falling constantly,

not hitting the ground

not scraping the sides

Just falling

the constant butterflies in his stomach from all this falling.

Amilo...

He climed out of his Abyss to noticed his girlfriend looking deshelved like she had been up crying all night.

Like she too had fallen into an Abyss

Deliah? Whats wrong? Has somebody hurt you? What happened

He had never seen her like this

You never noticed me.

You never noticed me supporting you.
Rooting for you.
You pushed me aside and dismissed my kind words.
I told you I would be there.
You never once looked to me.
You sang the praises of the new friends you had made but you abonded me.

Amilo sunk into a state of shock , His face remaining expressionless.

What Deliah had said was true and he cursed himself for it.  He vowed that he would listen to her , he apologised profusely tucking her hair behind her ear.

He kissed her forhead repeatedly and promised to be grateful to her always.Each and every day.

Deliah was actually Amilo's positive mind.
He abandoned Deliah, his positivity, opting to look to outside adoration and acceptance.

Ever since that day Amilo remained positive about his chosen field. He loved art and was prepared not to put himself down. He only had one life to live.

His dedication to Deliah was profound it shook up a change in him that he would never shake.

And to much his surprise. His Art career took off. It soared! All thanks to Deliah. Subconscience Mind.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2014. all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com